- Air Conditioning
- Home Comfort
- Maintenance Agreements
- Commercial Services
September 26, 2016
Just like you wouldn’t have wanted your air conditioner to give out during the hot Rhode Island summer, you need to make sure your heating system is prepared for the winter. Although it might be difficult to think about and imagine right now, in a few weeks you’ll be turning on the heat in your home. You don’t want any surprises at that point, so even though it seems premature, now is the time to get your furnace ready for winter.
Get Your Furnace in Shape for Heating Season
The best way to ensure your furnace is ready to handle the winter is to schedule professional maintenance. An HVAC expert from CARJON will be able to ensure your unit is ready for the cold months and can make adjustments or repairs as needed.
Tuning Up Your Furnace
Although you can take a look around your furnace to see if anything seems out of sorts or is making a peculiar noise, a specialist will check specific items to guarantee your furnace will serve you well all throughout the upcoming Rhode Island winter. An experienced professional, like the team members at CARJON, will do these things and more:
- Check total performance of gas heating system
- Check electrical connections
- Check and clean condensate trap and pump if applicable
- Test zones
- Check thermostat operation
- Check gas pressure
- Check/clean burners
- Check/clean pilot assembly or flame sensor
- Inspect flue pipe
- Inspect heat exchanger if accessible
- Check humidifier if applicable
- Perform carbon monoxide test
The Benefits of Furnace Maintenance
Maintaining your furnace will help you stay warm during the colder months. You will experience a multitude of benefits such as:
- Avoiding paying higher monthly utility bills due to your furnace's inefficiency
- Avoiding paying for costly emergency repairs because of a sudden breakdown during the winter
- Avoiding the need to replace your furnace earlier due to its shortened lifespan, resulting from having received no maintenance
- Avoiding exposing your household to potentially deadly carbon monoxide leaks
CARJON: Getting Your Furnace Ready for Winter
The team at CARJON is here to help you stay warm, cozy and safe this winter. By scheduling furnace repair or maintenance, CARJON will get your furnace in shape for the colder months, allowing you to save money and have peace of mind about your comfort and safety at home.
Contact us or call (401) 232-9400 to schedule your furnace maintenance today and make sure your home is ready for winter!